Some examples of how relationships can help you:
• A podcaster puts you in touch with companies who are looking for sponsorship opportunities in the language niche
• An experienced blogger shows you how they grew an email list of 100,000 subscribers
• A language entrepreneur teaches you their process for generating new product ideas and launching them to the market
• A YouTuber with a large audience in the same niche as you offers to help promote your new product to their audience or affiliate for you on an ongoing basis
• An app developer explains how to get new users to share your app with all their friends so you can grow your user base quickly
• A literary agent you meet at a language conference likes your website and offers to introduce you to publishers in the language industry
Everything listed above has happened to at least one person I know.
The common factor? These opportunities usually only materialise from people you have built a relationship with, even if it’s just over a quick coffee.